Sunday, January 25, 2009

Vegetable Chili



So weather in the negative digits usually calls for something warm and comforting. You will find us eating tons of soups and drinking coffee by the gallon these days. There is nothing like it on a cold day when you can not seem to get warm no matter how much you bundle up. You need something thick that sticks to your insides.

This chili recipe has been a constant in my family for the past four years we always seem to go back to it no matter what. Why? I am not sure but it is just perfect. Perfect texture, thickness, meatiness[despite no meat!?], and spice. It's super quick and there is nothing to disinfect afterwards[once again, no meat!]. Last time I made it I decided to go all out and make the designated Pico de Gallo and Guacamole as well. Totally worth it? Yes. I didn't think this chili could get any better.

1 comments:

Sandra said...

Yum, sounds great.